• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can counselors be sued for malpractice/misdiagnosis?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cbx129

I'm in Iowa
I failed a random drug test (marijuana) at my former employer. This violation was covered under F.T.A. guidelines which mandated my employer offer chemical dependency courses.
I agreed to participate in classes. Our counselor was a drill seargent type authoritarian attitude. Though it was a rocky road in class I quit using tested clean 2 months in a row asked Employee Assistance Doctor to send me back to work and he refuses saying, "According to your counselor you are having trouble admitting you're an alcoholic" I have a loooooong line of friends who know me well and nobody would ever say I had an alcohol problem. I refused to admit I was an alcoholic and during a staffing between myself and staff they called me a "con man" and kicked me out of class thereby costing me a 15 year career which is proving to be impossible to replace. Help please???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">