• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file a malpractice lawsuit against my divorce attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hlewis77

I live in california. I was represented by an attorney twice to obtain an increase in child support. I paid him over $6000.00. The last time we appeared in court he stunned me with the revelation that my ex-husband and his current wife had gotten a legal separation and that my ex-husband had signed their house over to her. According to him it was all legitimate. I recently searched public records for the copy of their legal separation and found out that MY attorney had drawn up their separation agreement 3 years ago and that everything in it works against me and aids my ex-husband. I've already contacted him and he said he did nothing wrong. I have been in contact with the Bar but they said they do not deal with the money part of it. How can I get my money back? Do I need to hire a malpractice attorney? Any advice would be extremely helpful. Thank you very much.

D

David.v.Goliath

find a good legal malpractice attorney and consult him. i think your timelines are going to be the critical part of your having a claim. The attorney appears to have a conflict of intrest here and may not have been ethical here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">