• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a primary care doctor be held responsible for...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rainz

not keeping medical records on his patient of 8-9 years? I will explain if need be, let me know?

L

lawrat

Yes, quite possibly so. Medical records are vital to not only routine check ups but to check history on patients who may suffer from diseases. Medical history helps determine causes or origins of disease and behaviors that affect people's current medical conditions.

So....yes if you suffer damages as a result of this misfortune. There may even be statutes that give you set amounts of monetary compensation for the sheer fact the doctor lost your file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">