• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

j.m.g

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

A car hit my car from the back and broke my cars bumper, the car that hit mines only had a few scratches when i look at it. I took all the information of the lady that hit my car and filed the claim through her insurance, her insurance says that the lady stopped two feet before hitting my car and the insurance inspected my car and her car and said that there wasn't enough evidence to prove that she had hit my car.

I have called several lawyers, but they say because the damages are only about $700, it would cost me more to file a court case with them.

I am thinking of filling a small claims court, but don't know if I have enough evidence to win the case as she might have removed the scratches from her car.

I don't have any witnesses or photos, all I have is the information she gave me, her name, address, phone and insurance information.

Should I continue this with small claims court, knowing that if I don't win the case I will have to pay fees and court costs or should I just fix my car out of my own pocket as I only have liability insurance and my insurance cannot help in this matter.

Does someone have an advice?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

A car hit my car from the back and broke my cars bumper, the car that hit mines only had a few scratches when i look at it. I took all the information of the lady that hit my car and filed the claim through her insurance, her insurance says that the lady stopped two feet before hitting my car and the insurance inspected my car and her car and said that there wasn't enough evidence to prove that she had hit my car.

I have called several lawyers, but they say because the damages are only about $700, it would cost me more to file a court case with them.

I am thinking of filling a small claims court, but don't know if I have enough evidence to win the case as she might have removed the scratches from her car.

I don't have any witnesses or photos, all I have is the information she gave me, her name, address, phone and insurance information.

Should I continue this with small claims court, knowing that if I don't win the case I will have to pay fees and court costs or should I just fix my car out of my own pocket as I only have liability insurance and my insurance cannot help in this matter.

Does someone have an advice?
You have the right to sue, doesn't mean you will win. It is up to you whether you think it is worth it or not.

Oh by the way...why did you put this in defective products forum instead of the Auto Accidents and Vehicle Claims forum?

j.m.g

Thank your for the input, this is my first time placing a question in this forum, I didn't know I had place it in the wrong section, I will move it to Auto Accidents.

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">