• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Mechanical Shop Cheating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

indriti

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Hello,

I don't have bay experience with lawyers and i have been in USA only for 5 years so i need some advice on what to do in this situation. My car's air compressor went bad and i took it o the mechanic which for $600 said will put a new air compressor. Everything was fine so fair but after 30 i went to check my car on Belletire and out of curiosity i ask them to check the air compressor if it was new or used and they told me it was used and it didn't look new.

I have the copy of the receipt they game me in which it says the Air compressor is not used and it has 5 year warranty.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank You

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Hello,

I don't have bay experience with lawyers and i have been in USA only for 5 years so i need some advice on what to do in this situation. My car's air compressor went bad and i took it o the mechanic which for $600 said will put a new air compressor. Everything was fine so fair but after 30 i went to check my car on Belletire and out of curiosity i ask them to check the air compressor if it was new or used and they told me it was used and it didn't look new.

I have the copy of the receipt they game me in which it says the Air compressor is not used and it has 5 year warranty.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank You
Go back to the original place with your new information. Ask for a new one.

tholt4

I'm assuming you're talking about an auto air conditioner compressor. Most likely it is a rebuilt compressor and has the original housing but new insides. Most replacement parts like starters, water pumps & compressors are rebuilt to factory standards and are as good as new. Now if your receipt says "NEW", you may have a gripe. Even a new car dealer's service shop is going to use factory rebuilt parts such as these.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">