• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CARFAX REPORT NOT OK - Please Help me out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sanjay_03_77

What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON

Hello
I have just sold my used car which i have bought 8 months ago.
After 20 days the guy who bought my car says that there are some problems on the carfax report, which indicates that there might be a odometer rollback.
But even carfax is not sure if there was a odometer rollback.

Also the odometer rollback dates back to 1998 and I had brought this car in 2004. When i had checked the carfax there was no such listing of odometer rollback or any such thing. So i knew nothing about the rollback when i had bought the car.

Now I am in a fix, i am new to this country, that guy has initiated a legal action against me through some attorney.

My question is where do i stand in terms of legal considerations, am i the culprit?? I dont think so.. The buyer should have checked the carfax report before he buys the car. I thought he would have checked it,
Do i have any obligation to provide carfax report when i sell the car as an induvidual?

Please help me out

jity

sanjay_03_77 said:
What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON

Hello
I have just sold my used car which i have bought 8 months ago.
After 20 days the guy who bought my car says that there are some problems on the carfax report, which indicates that there might be a odometer rollback.
But even carfax is not sure if there was a odometer rollback.

Also the odometer rollback dates back to 1998 and I had brought this car in 2004. When i had checked the carfax there was no such listing of odometer rollback or any such thing. So i knew nothing about the rollback when i had bought the car.

Now I am in a fix, i am new to this country, that guy has initiated a legal action against me through some attorney.

My question is where do i stand in terms of legal considerations, am i the culprit?? I dont think so.. The buyer should have checked the carfax report before he buys the car. I thought he would have checked it,
Do i have any obligation to provide carfax report when i sell the car as an induvidual?

Please help me out
Do i have any obligation to provide carfax report when i sell the car as an individual?

No.

As long as you did not alter the odometer or had knowledge that it was rolled back you have NOTHING to worry about. If you were truthful to the best of your knowledge on disclosing the actual mileage when transferring the title, you have nothing to worry about.

Carfax is not 100% correct on every single VIN number – this is impossible. It also could be a clerical error.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">