• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cd Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wasp69

What is the name of your state?
the product is from california, altho I'm canadian

I recently bought a CD from Electronic Arts, the case it came in was so poorly designed that it was nearly impossible to remove it without it breaking. i subsequently put a different CD in the case which did break when i tried to remove it. EA has consistently ignored me, and has most recently told me that it was my fault for putting a CD in the case. can anyone tell me what the laws around this would be? is it reasonable of me to expect them to provide a replacement for the broken CD?

thanks

laine12

If it was nearly impossible to remove the first CD without breaking it, why in the world would you put another one in there?

Crazed98

The EA case was only for the EA disc. They are not responsible for you putting another disc in the case and then breaking it as you take it out.

Wasp69

laine12 said:
If it was nearly impossible to remove the first CD without breaking it, why in the world would you put another one in there?
Because I thought surely they wouldn't have actually shipped a CD case that broke CDs...

Crazed98 said:
The EA case was only for the EA disc. They are not responsible for you putting another disc in the case and then breaking it as you take it out.
that's what they said, but since the CDs were exactly the same, and since the only difference in my handling of the two was that i was extra careful with the first, while attempting to remove the second normally, i don't understand how that could be. there was nothing telling me not to put any other CD in the case.

teflon_jones

There was also nothing telling you that by putting another CD in the case, you'd be able to remove it without breaking it (as you did the first one).

Wasp69

teflon_jones said:
There was also nothing telling you that by putting another CD in the case, you'd be able to remove it without breaking it (as you did the first one).
well doesn't the fact that it's a CD case suggest that you'd be able to put CDs in it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">