• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The company I work for is selling dangerous products (Electrical and Explosive Gas)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

A UL listing is not necessarily required (though it sounds like they probably aren't complying with the general law that includes requirements for NRTC testing).
The people to complain to on things being sold is the http://www.cpsc.gov You'll see buttons to file complaints right on the main page.
regardless, you piqued my curiosity. What is NRTC? Did you maybe mean NRTL?

as to the UL listing; I tend to use UL generically. It is the most commonly known NRTL

as to the requirement the equipment be listed by an NRTL; from what I read this is industrial equipment. Due to that, OSHA requires most electrical equipment used in a commercial application and that means the equipment the OP is speaking of is most likely required to be listed.

quincy

At least as far as old spam-revived threads go, this one was a decent one for a spammer to revive.

The links given are still valid and working, and the information provided the original poster still applies one year later, and there is the possibility that Plugger2 might still return to the forum to provide an update (a possibility more remote when the revived-thread is from 2001 or thereabouts and the original poster is no longer a member ;)).

emilyrambal

Emily Rambal

Defective or dangerous products are the cause of thousands of injuries every year in the U.S. Product liability actions are quite complex, and establishing legal fault often requires the assistance and testimony of experts. Additionally, every state has its own laws and specific statutes that will affect a product liability action.

Silverplum

Defective or dangerous products are the cause of thousands of injuries every year in the U.S. Product liability actions are quite complex, and establishing legal fault often requires the assistance and testimony of experts. Additionally, every state has its own laws and specific statutes that will affect a product liability action.
Oh, Emily.

quincy

Emily, I suggest you learn to READ first and post only after you understand what you have read.

Continuing to revive these old threads as you have been is liable to make your stay on this forum a very short one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">