• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

delizabetrujill

:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I went to a local Burger King and ordered a chicken sandwich. I was completely surprised when my sandwich bit me back! To my surprise, I had a chicken bone lodged in my gums! I called BK to complain, and they have decided to send me forms to fill out and have requested the bone be mailed back to them. They also told me that they would be sending this case to upper management. They have called me back and requested details about the incedent and my injury. Does anybody know why they are doing all this and is there anything I should be concerned about? Thank you for any advice, ideas, or opinions that you might have.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I went to a local Burger King and ordered a chicken sandwich. I was completely surprised when my sandwich bit me back! To my surprise, I had a chicken bone lodged in my gums! I called BK to complain, and they have decided to send me forms to fill out and have requested the bone be mailed back to them. They also told me that they would be sending this case to upper management. They have called me back and requested details about the incedent and my injury. Does anybody know why they are doing all this and is there anything I should be concerned about? Thank you for any advice, ideas, or opinions that you might have.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
They are doing this because you informed them of a foreign object in the food and are getting ready for you to say "I'm going to sue because the chicken bone bit me back."

Tell them you just want a complimentary meal and be done with it.

ecmst12

A chicken bone is not a foreign object in a chicken sandwich. It is a naturally occurring object which one could reasonably expect to occasionally be found in a chicken sandwich. Burger King is not going to be liable in any way for this, but they will probably give you some coupons.

HomeGuru

A chicken bone is not a foreign object in a chicken sandwich. It is a naturally occurring object which one could reasonably expect to occasionally be found in a chicken sandwich. Burger King is not going to be liable in any way for this, but they will probably give you some coupons.
**A: yes, ask for some McDonalds coupons.

sagito327

This is a classic implied warranty of merchantability case. If your gums were injured, stop communicating with BK immediately and retain a negligence attorney. They tend to work on contingency, so if the attorney thinks you have a chance to win the case then there will be no cost to you unless you win. If you were not injured, then there is very little chance of damages being awarded. I would suggest you call a lawyer either way.

p.s. The poster who said the chicken bone is not foreign is flat out wrong. You bought a chicken sandwich assuming that it was boneless, as all BK sandwiches are. A bone in a boneless chicken breast, I assure you, is foreign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">