• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corn Earworm in my can of corn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speakez

We bought a can of corn from Giant Eagle. (the brand was giant eagle) Inside the can of corn was an earworm. We didnt notice it until we were serving dinner. My 3year old is freaked out and so is her mom, but noone ate any of the product. This is not acceptable bug parts in chocolate. I am not looking for damages, but this is obviously a production plant problem that needs to have better quality control.
I saved eveything. what do i do next?

gawm

We bought a can of corn from Giant Eagle. (the brand was giant eagle) Inside the can of corn was an earworm. We didnt notice it until we were serving dinner. My 3year old is freaked out and so is her mom, but noone ate any of the product. This is not acceptable bug parts in chocolate. I am not looking for damages, but this is obviously a production plant problem that needs to have better quality control.
I saved eveything. what do i do next?
Mmmm...extra protein. :D You can return it to the point of purchase for a replacement or refund. If you call the company, they might send you a bunch of coupons. This is one of those things that happen every now and then, nothing you can really do about it.

You Are Guilty

This is not acceptable bug parts in chocolate.
Oh really? The FDA begs to differ:
CORN: SWEET CORN, CANNED Insect larvae
(AOAC 973.61) Insect larvae (corn ear worms, corn borers) 2 or more 3mm or longer larvae, cast skins, larval or cast skin fragments of corn ear worms or corn borer and the aggregate length of such larvae, cast skins, larval or cast skin fragments exceeds 12 mm in 24 pounds (24 No. 303 cans or equivalent)

DEFECT SOURCE: Pre-harvest insect infestation
SIGNIFICANCE: Aesthetic
So... how big is your worm?

speakez

Earworm

the worm is approx 1.5 inches long. its the worm you find in regular ears of corn. do a google search for corn earworm image. its a typical earworm fully intact.
thank you for the reply and the information

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">