• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cracked tooth from Sunmaid product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cosmicm

My fiancee and I bought a packed of Sunmaid cherries last month and tonight I grabbed a handful for a snack and when I bit down I cracked my wisdom tooth on a cherry pit. I looked all over the package and was unable to find anything printed on the package stating that it may contain pits.. or something to that effect. I am a full time student and a dentist bill is something I really can't afford right now. Is there anything I can do or am I SOL?

Thanks

Antigone*

My fiancee and I bought a packed of Sunmaid cherries last month and tonight I grabbed a handful for a snack and when I bit down I cracked my wisdom tooth on a cherry pit. I looked all over the package and was unable to find anything printed on the package stating that it may contain pits.. or something to that effect. I am a full time student and a dentist bill is something I really can't afford right now. Is there anything I can do or am I SOL?

Thanks
Cherries naturally have pits. You're SOL.

xylene

Healthy teeth...

Thanks
I cracked my wisdom tooth on a piece of hard cornmeal in a slice of corn bread.

You should consider the prospect that your wisdom teeth are badly decayed and that is why one shattered under normal bite load. That is why my tooth exploded from a piece of cornmeal.

Healthy sound teeth provide adequate feedback so you stop chewing when unmacerateable material is encountered, they don't just break when you bite soemthing hard.

If you bit down on a piece of metal or a foreign substance, your case may have been different.

ecmst12

I would suggest contacting the dental school at your college or another local school. You should be able to get treatment there at a nicely discounted rate.

I agree that a healthy tooth might have CHIPPED from a hard bite on a cherry pit but shouldn't have cracked down the middle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">