• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cut middle finger

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kenyatta

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mn i cut my middle finger in my local gym.
the cable holding the weight snapped and the force slammed into my finger. i believe if there was padding i would have saved my finger. the cables are to blame to. can i sue? the owner claims the pin came off, but i have used the same machine counless times and never had any problem.

kenyatta

Cut

i had nice stitches and my bones were crushed. yes the doc said it will be permanent. i have to go back for further evalution.

You Are Guilty

Speak to a local PI lawyer. While it's not enormous, you may have a potential claim against the gym and/or the manufacturer of the equipment.

You Are Guilty

when you say not enormous, how much is that? or how much are we talking about?
It depends on how serious your injury was, your specific venue (county), what you were doing at the time the cable broke and exactly what the cause of the cable failure was. So the "between $1 and $1,000,000" estimate above is a pretty good guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">