• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dangerous Product at Lowe's Home Improvement store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swallis

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I was injured, while looking at a garbage disposer on display. As I touched the product on the shelf to turn it around, a metal ring popped out, hitting me in the lip, causing considerable bleeding and requiring a hospital emergency room visit and stitches to my upper lip.

The Lowe's store insurance company called me, saying it is actually the fault of a "display vendor." He asked me what I thought I deserved for the damage to my face, and he would notify the vendor.

What is an appropriate sum to request for the injury?

Stephen

CJane

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I was injured, while looking at a garbage disposer on display. As I touched the product on the shelf to turn it around, a metal ring popped out, hitting me in the lip, causing considerable bleeding and requiring a hospital emergency room visit and stitches to my upper lip.

The Lowe's store insurance company called me, saying it is actually the fault of a "display vendor." He asked me what I thought I deserved for the damage to my face, and he would notify the vendor.

What is an appropriate sum to request for the injury?

Stephen
Will you have permanent obvious scarring or deformity? Loss of function?

If not, the appropriate amount to request is your actual damages - the amount of ER visit not covered by insurance. If you need future plastic surgery for scarring, figure that amount in. But be prepared to prove that it will be required.

xylene

Ask a personal injury attorney.

DO NOT give the Lowe's adjuster a figure without talking to a lawyer!!!

ALSO, you may have a seperate claim against the 'display vendor'(s), that being the manufacturer of the disposal and the whatever company sets up there displays (if applicable)

Last edited:

ecmst12

Keep in mind that you will have to reimburse your health insurance company for whatever they paid out for your treatment, out of any settlement you receive.

If you are permanently scarred from this, I would definitely agree that you need to hire a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">