• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

death certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shelly butts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tn
My stepfather's death was ruled suicide by the doctor who signed his death certificate, but did not know his history. What can we do to get this changed. There was no autopsy performed or ordered by police or doctor.

Thank, Shelly

lealea1005

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tn
My stepfather's death was ruled suicide by the doctor who signed his death certificate, but did not know his history. What can we do to get this changed. There was no autopsy performed or ordered by police or doctor.

Thank, Shelly
I am sorry for your loss.

Physicians do not take the responsibilty of signing death certificates lightly. The condition of your stepfather's body/circumstances of his death must have indicated, to the examining Physician, it was a suicide.

shelly butts

Sorry, I did think the quote was directed to me. Sorry again.

Anyway, I know most doctors take their job seriously, however this doctor did not even sign the death certificate while working the case, he then went on vacation for 14 days and then came back and signed the death certificate. He put my stepfather's funeral on hold, my mother's finances on hold and the whole family in a great amount of grief and prolonged suffering. They took it as suicide because he had pills spilt in the floor and had been drinking. He had a history of strokes and he was a heavy drinker. We believe he had a stroke and was trying to get rid of the pain with the pills. He was also found with a blood pressure cuff on his arm.
Thanks, Shelly

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">