• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defective automotive suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thecircuitrider

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I am having trouble seeking recourse for failure of original equipment suspension on a Ford Motor Company product.
The manufacturer and it's agencies are no help.
My State's Attorney General is no help.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administation has an engineering review in progress on this issue, but resolution could take many more years than the life of the automobile in question.
Apparently there are no class-action suits, although the NHTSA has several hundred cases documented on this specific failure.
I cannot, at this time, afford the necessary repairs to the vehicle, but my primary concern is the perceived danger to others who may have the same equipment failure.
My failure occured in my driveway - some other documented cases occured on the highways at significant speed.
There was a specific voluntary recall of the problem by the manufacturer for the model years just before mine, however, it had been discontinued.
Several mechanics and at least one company representative have indicated to me that they know the problem did not go away after the recall - and the numbers of claimants would indicate the truth of this.
The number of like incidents listed on just one customer safety website ran into the tens of dozens - many describing the EXACT FAILURE, EXACT CONDITIONS.
I may be out of luck and out of pocket - but, this situation is dangerous to those who own these vehicles and I don't intend to let it go.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">