• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defective oral distractor in 11 y.o.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lorrie1675

In Alabama.
An oral distractor was surgically inserted into my 11 y.o. daughter in 2002. After doing the cranking process twice a day for almost 6 months and driving for appointments 200 miles away once a week the surgeon removed it only to find that it was defective and had not done anything it was supposed to. Another appliance had to be airlifted in and the process done all again. I think that she should be entitled to something for pain and suffering for this defective appliance but I am not sure how to gauge an amount.
Any ideas? This might should have been under the medical field but I am not suing doctor or hospital, only the manufacturer.
Thanks for any help
Concerned Mom

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">