• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defective Product Laws, by State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ellenbk

I am researching the topic "Best and Worst States for Product Liability" ("best" and "worst" of course depending on which side of the claim you're on!)

When i read the advice regarding product defect claims, it repeatedly mentions that the laws will vary state to state, i.e. "many states require that to win it is necessary to prove both that the product was defective AND that it was "unreasonably dangerous."'

My question: How do i find out which states have which (relevant) laws? Is product liability determined under "strict liability" in some states, but not others?

Thank you in advance for answers or links or for steering me in the right direction.

ENASNI

ellenbk said:
I am researching the topic "Best and Worst States for Product Liability" ("best" and "worst" of course depending on which side of the claim you're on!)

When i read the advice regarding product defect claims, it repeatedly mentions that the laws will vary state to state, i.e. "many states require that to win it is necessary to prove both that the product was defective AND that it was "unreasonably dangerous."'

My question: How do i find out which states have which (relevant) laws? Is product liability determined under "strict liability" in some states, but not others?

Thank you in advance for answers or links or for steering me in the right direction.
Um, if this is homework, we don't play that homey.

If you have a specific problem that relates to you. post away.

ellenbk

"Homey??" This is not homework; i am a consultant & it is for a client. Sorry for any confusion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">