• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defective tires?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wendell98

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
I bought 2 new firestone tires for my 2006 Honda Civic EX on Friday, which were placed on the rear of the car. On Monday morning (about 90 miles later), I heard a noise as I was driving to work. I got out to check the tires, thinking it sounded like a flat, but they were just fine. I got on the thruway, going about 65 mph and, about 5 miles into it, the noise got louder. Long story short, something happened to the left back tire. I lost control, spun 180 degrees and skidded onto the grassy shoulder/ditch. Very fortunately, I am fine, and no one happened to be next to or behind me. The tire has small shreds in a circular pattern on the inner tire wall. Firestone is giving me 2 new tires of a different brand. They said installation wouldn't have been the problem, which just leaves the tire. Is this a defective product? It's scary to think there may be other tires of that same model out there where the same thing could happen. Is there anything I should do or need to do about this?
Thank you!

CraigFL

You need to check the datecode on these. There have been many stories about sales of 6+ year old tires that are no longer suitable for road use.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
I bought 2 new firestone tires for my 2006 Honda Civic EX on Friday, which were placed on the rear of the car. On Monday morning (about 90 miles later), I heard a noise as I was driving to work. I got out to check the tires, thinking it sounded like a flat, but they were just fine. I got on the thruway, going about 65 mph and, about 5 miles into it, the noise got louder. Long story short, something happened to the left back tire. I lost control, spun 180 degrees and skidded onto the grassy shoulder/ditch. Very fortunately, I am fine, and no one happened to be next to or behind me. The tire has small shreds in a circular pattern on the inner tire wall. Firestone is giving me 2 new tires of a different brand. They said installation wouldn't have been the problem, which just leaves the tire. Is this a defective product? It's scary to think there may be other tires of that same model out there where the same thing could happen. Is there anything I should do or need to do about this?
Thank you!
I think if it Where me I would let a professional, non biased mechanic take a look at the tire, and your car too just to make sure that your car did not cause the damage to occur after the tires where installed. This may cost a little bit but I would have to have a little piece of mind after that kinda road drama, cause say for instance your car has a defect and the next set goes out the same way the next wipe out could be way worse.

Good luck to ya!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">