• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defective Treadmill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

treadmillgirl

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I purchased a Horizon T95 treadmill on January 1, 2007. On Feb. 14th, I was walking and the thing "beeped" and then rapidly accelerated causing me to fall face down on the treadmill. The safety didn't stop the treadmill. I had to go to the ER where I received 5 stitched to my face and lip. I am now sporting a scar on my face and lip and my lip is completely numb where the scar is. I bled so profusely which left a trail through 2 rooms in my basement. Horizon Fitness, Inc. removed the treadmill and gave me a free upgrade on a new one. They actually had someone come out and set it up. A couple of days ago after dealing with their insurance person, I found out they did (or they say they did) a 48 hour testing of the treadmill, and it didn't "act up" so they say there's nothing wrong with it. I was also told by their insurance agent that the company is going to resell it! I had to have my carpet replaced in my basement, as the blood would not come out of the white burbur that was down there. I would like to know besides the Consumer Product Safety Corporation and the Better Business Bureau I can contact to report their shady dealings. I also urge anyone who has used a defective product of theirs to report them as well.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I purchased a Horizon T95 treadmill on January 1, 2007. On Feb. 14th, I was walking and the thing "beeped" and then rapidly accelerated causing me to fall face down on the treadmill. The safety didn't stop the treadmill. I had to go to the ER where I received 5 stitched to my face and lip. I am now sporting a scar on my face and lip and my lip is completely numb where the scar is. I bled so profusely which left a trail through 2 rooms in my basement. Horizon Fitness, Inc. removed the treadmill and gave me a free upgrade on a new one. They actually had someone come out and set it up. A couple of days ago after dealing with their insurance person, I found out they did (or they say they did) a 48 hour testing of the treadmill, and it didn't "act up" so they say there's nothing wrong with it. I was also told by their insurance agent that the company is going to resell it! I had to have my carpet replaced in my basement, as the blood would not come out of the white burbur that was down there. I would like to know besides the Consumer Product Safety Corporation and the Better Business Bureau I can contact to report their shady dealings. I also urge anyone who has used a defective product of theirs to report them as well.What is the name of your state?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1626085&posted=1#post1626085

double post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">