• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Malpractice/ Doctor performed Procedure without authorization

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Royal12304

new york state
i went to a dentist to have an emergency tooth extraction performed. during the initial examination the doctor took a full set of x-rays, even though he could see which tooth was the bad one. then while i was under sedation for the tooth extraction, He filled my mouth with tempory fillings.this effectively forced me to come back to get more dental work done. after he did some more work at a second appointment he tried to get me to pay a co-pay when i had been told at the initial visit that"you have great insurance. they pay for everything." i don't know how much drilling he did while i was under sedation but, with my mouth filled with temp. fillings i felt i had to return and if my insurance was covering it anyhow that i had to get the work done.after the second appointment when i was told about the co-pay, i informed them that nobody had ever told me about that. they insisted that every patient had a written treatment plan gone over with them stating the work to be done and the cost of the treatment that the patient was required to sign before treatment began.I was NEVER consulted about a treatment plan. I NEVER saw a treatment plan. I never signed a treatment plan and there is not a signed treatment plan in my records.is this dentist guilty of malpractice and insurance fraud?

L

lawrat

http://www.attorneypages.com/ you may have a case, although the fact you KEPT GOING BACK doesn't look too good for you.

R

Royal12304

I went back once because I knew that temporary fillings ARE temporary and I had no idea what kind of drilling he had done underneath those fillings. As far as I knew, if I didn't go back, my teeth could have been permanently damaged.

P

PamSJS

Royal:

Contact the New York State Board of Dentistry and file a formal complaint against the dentist. If he has a history of this type of practice, he may be sanctioned by his licensing board.

PamSJS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">