• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dentist did extra work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melmo447

What is the name of your state? tennessee I went to a periodontist and had a procedure done in Jan and also had a tooth extracted. At that time I was told that I owed 334.00, so I paid it that day. I asked if the dentist had anything scheduled concerning a tooth implant and the woman said no not today. I said that was good because I had not decided what to do about that yet. It was a terrible ordeal and he had problems pulling the tooth and at some point I heard him mention a bone implant but he had been in and out several times so I just thought it was in reference to another patient. I was totally stressed and was having trouble breathing due to the numbing gel and having to have so many shots to numb the area that he was working on. Two days later an object came out of the hole where the tooth had been pulled and it proved to be the bone graft that he had done for the implant that I had not said that I wanted. I also had a big hole in my gum and trenches around the teeth that he had done the oseous surgery on that are still there 6 months later. I had nose bleeds for 2 weeks after this and now I can't bring myself to go back to any dentist. It gives me a panic attack just thinking about it. I have a tooth that is very painful and can hardly chew on either side. They have also sent me a bill for 700.00 even though I settled the bill the day I was there. This was a satellite clinic and every time I call trying to resolve this they just take my name and # and tell me some one will call and I just get another bill with finance charges added to it. I wrote a letter and included a copy for the dentist and still have no reply. Can I sue them for this bill and all the stress and extra problems that I have? I informed him that I have a jaw implant and it causes a lot of problems but he just brushed that off and now I have a headache and earaches all the time. I am miserable and cant bring myself to go to a dentist because I fear they will not admit that I have problems relating to this other dentist's work so as not to get involved.

scot4538

You need to get your papers in order, and have accurate notes of your communications with them. Did you show up for any followup they scheduled? or did you just quit on them?

Of course you can sue them for the work which they have done, but you cannot sue them for what you, yourself, have failed to do, like doing followup.

See a differnet dentist and understand more about yoru case before you proceed further.

barry1817

melmo447 said:
What is the name of your state? tennessee I went to a periodontist and had a procedure done in Jan and also had a tooth extracted. At that time I was told that I owed 334.00, so I paid it that day. I asked if the dentist had anything scheduled concerning a tooth implant and the woman said no not today. I said that was good because I had not decided what to do about that yet. It was a terrible ordeal and he had problems pulling the tooth and at some point I heard him mention a bone implant but he had been in and out several times so I just thought it was in reference to another patient. I was totally stressed and was having trouble breathing due to the numbing gel and having to have so many shots to numb the area that he was working on. Two days later an object came out of the hole where the tooth had been pulled and it proved to be the bone graft that he had done for the implant that I had not said that I wanted. I also had a big hole in my gum and trenches around the teeth that he had done the oseous surgery on that are still there 6 months later. I had nose bleeds for 2 weeks after this and now I can't bring myself to go back to any dentist. It gives me a panic attack just thinking about it. I have a tooth that is very painful and can hardly chew on either side. They have also sent me a bill for 700.00 even though I settled the bill the day I was there. This was a satellite clinic and every time I call trying to resolve this they just take my name and # and tell me some one will call and I just get another bill with finance charges added to it. I wrote a letter and included a copy for the dentist and still have no reply. Can I sue them for this bill and all the stress and extra problems that I have? I informed him that I have a jaw implant and it causes a lot of problems but he just brushed that off and now I have a headache and earaches all the time. I am miserable and cant bring myself to go to a dentist because I fear they will not admit that I have problems relating to this other dentist's work so as not to get involved.

What you are posting sounds like an abandonment issue, and it would be most helpful to have the full records to read what was done, what they billed for and what they did to respond to your pain, discomfort and problems associated with the treatment.

You might want to contact your local dental society to ask about this and to get an independent consultation to describe what the condition of your mouth is at present, so that should you seek legal recourse you will have had the documentation post the treatment at the first office and an independent appraisal of your condition.

Hope this helps.

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">