• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Depakote

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Delores Tapia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM

I was taking Depakote @ th time of my pregnancy. Never was told that it would harm my son, til after my son was older and had already had surgeries for his heart @ the age of 1 week and @ 3years of age
and also his esophogus @ 1 day old.
My sons esophogus was not connected to his stomach. which had him choke on food most of his life.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM

justalayman

birth defects are a known complication when taking depakote. I have not read the warnings supplied with the medication but since the FDA has determined is causes birth defects, I would believe that info is included in the literature that is provided with the medicine.

did you see a doctor all during your pregnancy? Was s/he aware you were on depakote.

did the prescribing doctor ever warn you about getting pregnant while taking depakote?

Delores Tapia

birth defects are a known complication when taking depakote. I have not read the warnings supplied with the medication but since the FDA has determined is causes birth defects, I would believe that info is included in the literature that is provided with the medicine.

did you see a doctor all during your pregnancy? Was s/he aware you were on depakote.

did the prescribing doctor ever warn you about getting pregnant while taking depakote?
My DR. at that time was very aware of my medical history and meds i was taking. I had asked him if the medicine would harm my baby and he said no. and yes i saw a dr. through my whole pregnancy

justalayman

so, what are you looking for? I am guessing you have surpassed the statute of limitations to seek compensation for the injuries, even if they can be attributed to the medicine or the doctor involved.

ecmst12

There are a few different things this medication is prescribed for - all of those conditions could be harmful to the baby if untreated. Your doctor may have decided that the risk presented by this drug was outweighed by the risk to you and your child if you did NOT take the medication.

Delores Tapia

so, what are you looking for? I am guessing you have surpassed the statute of limitations to seek compensation for the injuries, even if they can be attributed to the medicine or the doctor involved.
there is an ad on tv stating that Depakote causes birth defects,and since my son has suffered so many yrs of choking and also embarassment due to all the scars that he has from the surgeries. since the commercial on tv did not state that " When" the birth had to be. That maybe he would get compensated for all his suffering

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">