• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Depakote made me sick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MindyV

I live in PA
I was taking Depakote for 4 years at 1000mg/day. I did research on it, and I see it is a dangerous drug.Some side effects are hyperammonemia, lupus, pancreatitis, hepatotoxicity, ecchymosis, etc... The last time I had my liver enzymes checked, they were abnormally high. I also have chronic fatigue syndrome, and my primary care physician and my pharmacist both say this may all be attributed to the Depakote. (I was prescribed this by my neurologist for seizures).
My question is, if I can prove that I became sick from this medicine, do I have a right to sue? And if I do, who do I bring damages against, my neurologist or the drug manufaturers?

L

lawrat

It is not that simple.

I think you need to speak with an attorney who can show you whether or not you can sue

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">