• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

doctors and lawyer didn't care?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

momolumlum

Hi. I hope that you guys can help me with my problem. I am from San Francisco, CA. I have a question about my accident that happened couple years ago. I was 14 yrs old. I was hit by a car near one of my friend’s home. Then, everything went thru like a regular law suit case… the lawyer we had got me some money around $4000.. and the amount I have left after court fee and paper works.. are like $1900.. then..I have to put the money in the bank until I am 18, then I can take it out.. I will be 18 by OCT, 2001. Anyways.. that’s not my problem, my question is that after the accident.. actually.. SINCE the accident.. my back aways hurt VERY bad.. like someone punch you all the time..and so are the areas that involve due to the accident, they hurt too… but the doctor back then in the hospital said they didn’t see anything wrong with the x-ray. So they said nothing wrong with me… so they didn’t check me any further. And my lawyer didn’t care less.. he just got me the money.. got himself some money back too and never heard from him again.. I think I only seen him once in my memory… and my sister and brother-in-law just had a car accident… their lawyer told them to go to physical theorpy.. and all these little thing to do to prevent them to have back problems and other medical problem in future. But my lawyer didn’t… and now my back hurts soo bad everyday and even my legs hurt on the spot that was in the accident. I don’t have money to go see the doctor now, is there any way I can file a law suit against people who carelessly treated my situation, and resulting my medical problem now? Please let me know.. I am only 17.. and I am afraid my back will bother me until I become older…Thanks in advance for your advises.

P

PamSJS

Dear MINOR:

Your situation is not uncommon in the profession....obviously, your attorney was an ambulance chaser, and didn't really give your case the attention to detail that it called for.

I'm not sure what the laws are in California. Did an adult, (parent or guardian) accept the settlement on your behalf? My suggestion would be for you to visit a malpractice attorney. You may have a very good legal malpractice or negligence claim against the attorney who filed your case. Of course, that isn't going to resolve the problems you are having with back pain now, as a result of the accident, more than likely.

Your ordeal is complicated, to say the least. Waste no time consulting another attorney, and please, be SELECTIVE about the kind of attorney you hire in the future.

PamSJS

pele

At 17 you are still a minor. What about your parents, do they have insurance?? You should see a Board Registered spine surgeon for a consultation and xrays. You are too young to be having back problems. You should invest any money you have in your health, without that, you have nothing. Best of luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">