• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Effexor gave me high blood pressure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michellemarie

Does anyone know if there is a class-action lawsuit against effexor? I have been on the drug 2 years and it gave me stage 2 hypertension. I am a 24 year old female with no past history of heart problems. I am also dealing with severe withdrawal from trying to quit the drug. I need help! The doctors are useless! No one told me to go off the drug before during any physical when I would complain of difficulty breathing or chest pains! No one told me anything and now I'm reading up on effexor and how it can be dangerous!

JETX

michellemarie said:
Does anyone know if there is a class-action lawsuit against effexor? I have been on the drug 2 years and it gave me stage 2 hypertension. I am a 24 year old female with no past history of heart problems. I am also dealing with severe withdrawal from trying to quit the drug. I need help! The doctors are useless! No one told me to go off the drug before during any physical when I would complain of difficulty breathing or chest pains! No one told me anything and now I'm reading up on effexor and how it can be dangerous!
There is this really cool thing called GOOGLE. You should try it:
www.google.com

michellemarie

Also,

My average resting heart rate is currently 140. I went to the hospital in 2005 because of chest pains and the doctor insisted I must be on cocaine because my heart rate was so high. No one told me that my heart problems could have been because of effexor, they sent me home as being "healthy." Every time I've seen a doctor for the past two years about difficulty breathing and chest pains, they've told me it was ANXIETY that was causing it. Could someone please explain to me "anxiety" causes stage 2 hypertension??? I apologize if my rants here seem incoherent, I am just so angry at these drug companies that sell their poison to unsuspecting victims like me. And doctor's turn their heads the other way.

JETX

michellemarie said:
I'm reading other threads on here and some of you people are sick, disgusting human beings.
Hell, and you are the one with the fat ass and high blood pressure.... and you call US sick??
You're a trailer skank. :D

michellemarie

I hope you are ashamed of yourself for responding like you do on here. You don't come off as smart or witty. You are just a ****ing *******.

JETX

Looks like that Effexor has also affected your mental stability... and gave your face a huge case of the uglies!!!

michellemarie

actually, i am going through terrible effexor withdrawal right now, i cannot walk or move without incredible shocks that send waves of nausea throughout me, and no, i am not mentally stable. i feel like there is no hope. thank you for confirming for me that the human race is as vile as i suspect it to be.

michellemarie

In previous Cymbalta (duloxetine) trials, five individuals committed suicide, amongst them Traci Johnson, 19, a healthy volunteer with no recent history of depression. Cymbalta (Yentreve, duloxetine) is most closely related to Wyeth's SSNRI Effexor/Efexor (venlafaxine). View severe side-effects of Effexor below (scroll down), to be expected with Cymbalta. For more news on Cymbalta (Yentreve, duloxetine) click HERE

During an average of three years of follow-up, 21.4% of the patients taking antidepressants died compared with 12.5% of those not on antidepressants. After adjusting for demographic factors, cardiac risk factors, scores on the Beck Depression Inventory test, and the presence of other illness, antidepressant use was an independent risk factor for mortality, increasing the risk by 62%.

Researchers do not fully understand why antidepressants increase the risk of mortality in these patients. However their findings are statistically significant and show that these drugs do increase the risk of death in heart disease patients. Current and former heart disease patients should weigh the risks and benefits of antidepressants before using these medications.

michellemarie

I cannot imagine coming to a forum like this specifically to target people with problems and try and make them feel worse. I hope I never understand what it's like to be you.

Just Blue

michellemarie said:
I sure as hell am not going to rely solely on google for reliable information, assbag
Tell you what to do..Go to a Personal Injury Attorney in your area and ask them...

You don't want to google to see if there is a Class Action but you will google for legal advice...

You're the assbag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">