• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Engine Caught on Fire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

contessa420

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Yesterday, after a normal lunch hour break of napping, I drove back to my office and went back to work as normal...a few minutes later, a coworker came running into my office and told me my car was on fire. I ran outside and the police were called, as well as the fire dept...and well, my engine and most everything under the hood is burnt. My insurance does not cover fire and I still have money to pay for this vehicle. One of my coworkers looked online and found that there was a recall on my car, due to the fact that the engines would catch on fire. I found this article - which is just a snip-it - at the end of the article, it states GM would contact all of the owners when the proper parts came in. I didn't know about ANY recall and now I don't have a vehicle and frankly, this could have happened while I was sleeping in it at lunch time...please see the article and someone let me know if I should see an attorney. Thanks so much!

Mar 14, 2008

GM recalls 207,000 Buick Regal and Pontiac Grand Prix sedans due to fire risk
General Motors Corp. says it is recalling more than 207,000 Buick Regal and Pontiac Grand Prix sedans because they can develop oil leaks that can cause fires. via KARE-TV MinneapolisWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Yesterday, after a normal lunch hour break of napping, I drove back to my office and went back to work as normal...a few minutes later, a coworker came running into my office and told me my car was on fire. I ran outside and the police were called, as well as the fire dept...and well, my engine and most everything under the hood is burnt. My insurance does not cover fire and I still have money to pay for this vehicle. One of my coworkers looked online and found that there was a recall on my car, due to the fact that the engines would catch on fire. I found this article - which is just a snip-it - at the end of the article, it states GM would contact all of the owners when the proper parts came in. I didn't know about ANY recall and now I don't have a vehicle and frankly, this could have happened while I was sleeping in it at lunch time...please see the article and someone let me know if I should see an attorney. Thanks so much!

Mar 14, 2008

GM recalls 207,000 Buick Regal and Pontiac Grand Prix sedans due to fire risk
General Motors Corp. says it is recalling more than 207,000 Buick Regal and Pontiac Grand Prix sedans because they can develop oil leaks that can cause fires. via KARE-TV MinneapolisWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What did GM say when you contacted them?

ecmst12

If you had a loan on the car, then you were in violation of your loan contract by not carrying full coverage on your insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">