• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired Shisha

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Melfina579

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I recently bought several boxes of Shisha (Hooka Tobacco) that would seem to have been expired. I was not told by the clerk that they were bad he just gave me a little bit of a discount and sent me on my way. The products are almost a year expired. I wasn't too concerned about it until my boyfriend started having problems breathing normally and started having random twitching in his arm and chest pain, I really started to worry when the same things started to happen to me. We haven't changed anything outside our normal routine and neither of us is new to smoking or sick. I am positive that the expired product is what is causing these effects.

Is there anything I can do regarding the sale of expired tobacco products?

racer72

Is the product packaged in a manner that you could not verify the expiration date at the time of purchase? If the answer is yes, round up a bunch of money and hire an attorney to sue the retailer. You will have a 50/50 chance of winning. If the answer is no, you and your boyfriend have no one to blame but yourselves.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I recently bought several boxes of Shisha (Hooka Tobacco) that would seem to have been expired. I was not told by the clerk that they were bad he just gave me a little bit of a discount and sent me on my way. The products are almost a year expired. I wasn't too concerned about it until my boyfriend started having problems breathing normally and started having random twitching in his arm and chest pain, I really started to worry when the same things started to happen to me. We haven't changed anything outside our normal routine and neither of us is new to smoking or sick. I am positive that the expired product is what is causing these effects.

Is there anything I can do regarding the sale of expired tobacco products?
**A: yes, start smoking.

moburkes

Thanks. That website sells it, but I still don't know what it is. But, according to them, their quality is high. Maybe that's where OP should have gone.

Just Blue

Thanks. That website sells it, but I still don't know what it is. But, according to them, their quality is high. Maybe that's where OP should have gone.
It's a kind of tobacco. The OP (from my interpretation) knew that it was expired, the seller gave a small discount and OP wants to sue because she wasn't informed that the EXPIRED tobacco "made them sick". Of course if OP was to bring a suit, she would have to prove that the reason for getting sick was because the tobacco was expired and not because TOBACCO MAKES YOU SICK!

OP, Have you ever read the Surgeon Generals Warning? :rolleyes:

HomeGuru

It's a kind of tobacco. The OP (from my interpretation) knew that it was expired, the seller gave a small discount and OP wants to sue because she wasn't informed that the EXPIRED tobacco "made them sick". Of course if OP was to bring a suit, she would have to prove that the reason for getting sick was because the tobacco was expired and not because TOBACCO MAKES YOU SICK!

OP, Have you ever read the Surgeon Generals Warning? :rolleyes:
**A: good response. People get sick smoking unexpired tobacco too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">