• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired Yougurt of 2002 found.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

informer

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hi,
By mistake I bought some Yogurt which were expired, to my astonishment it expired in 2002. Worst part is my wife ate few spoons of the expired yogurt. She is fine though.

I would like to know if this is a genuine case in the consumers court? How much would be the legal expenses? Just wanted an insight from your experienced panel.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Last edited:

quincy

If there is no injury, there are no damages and, therefore, no lawsuit worth pursing. Legal expenses would be too high to justify bringing an action you most surely would lose.

You should notify both the store and the yogurt manufacturer - and you will probably receive in the mail several coupons for yogurt. I have an almost-lifetime supply of applesauce coupons from reporting a bad batch I purchased several years ago. :)

las365

Mmmmm, applesauce.

OP, are you sure that the expiration date didn't say 2007? I can't imagine how any container of yogurt could remain in a store for over five years. Besides, unless it contained some incredible preservatives, it would have very obviously been spoiled or would have turned into a block of aged yogurt cheese if it was that old.

Regardless of the expiration date, Quincy is absolutely correct: no damages, no viable case. If you are truly concerned for the public health, call the health department and report the store.

informer

Thanks a lot for all your response. Thanks very much.

About the expiration date, there is a something called a Sell By which says FEB 02 and I have few other yogurts of the same brand which says Feb 07. Anyways I tried to inform the store and they say its impossible :) Anyways I'll send the bar details to the manufacturer.

Thanks.

Regards

Happy Trails

Thanks a lot for all your response. Thanks very much.

About the expiration date, there is a something called a Sell By which says FEB 02 and I have few other yogurts of the same brand which says Feb 07. Anyways I tried to inform the store and they say its impossible :) Anyways I'll send the bar details to the manufacturer.

Thanks.

Regards
That sounds like a month and the date of a day, not a year.

informer

Oh okie. May be.. !
I have a another yougurt which has the whole year printed with the date. Anyways what you are saying also could be a possibility.. and may be I jumped the gun.. hehe!:)

Thanks

Regards

Happy Trails

Oh okie. May be.. !
I have a another yougurt which has the whole year printed with the date. Anyways what you are saying also could be a possibility.. and may be I jumped the gun.. hehe!:)

Thanks

Regards
Oh well, it happens.

At least I had a chance to clean my 'fridge out. :D

You Are Guilty

How to tell when your potato salad goes bad:
http://home1.stofanet.dk/ulrichbrorson/potato_salad_goes_bad.jpg

And how to tell when your Greek salad goes bad:
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/93000/93231YFHD_w.jpg

:D

W

WellingtonChase

Expired Yogurt

This is a test and my 2nd post. I'm glad your wife turned out ok! Boy, what is our world coming to giving our consumers old products. I guess its not about quality anymore. Take Care!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">