• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exploding flashlight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

milk man

What is the name of your state? Kansas

My son tried to charge a cordless spotlight in his truck and it exploded.

My son and his friend where hit with pieces in their legs but not serious injuries. They were wearing shorts because it got up to 40º F today.;)

We are going to take the residue back to the retailer for a new one. But I want to report the incident to someone incase this is a problem with the lights. It could have caused serious injury if one of them were holding it.

Who do I report this to?

xylene

My son tried to charge a cordless spotlight in his truck and it exploded.
Do you mean "tried to charge" as in the charging failed on account of the explosion or do you mean "tried to charge" as in the spotlight was not designed for charging off an automobile battery.

The answer has a big effect.

milk man

It came with a car charger.

He got it for Christmas and was kept in his room. After school today he plugged it into his lighter socket and within 15 minutes it blew. The light was completely dead when he tried to us it before charging.

Happy Trails

Assuming they had the correct batteries in it, and were doing everything right.

You can report it to - http://www.cpsc.gov/

You can also contact the manufacturer and see if there is/was a recall.

You can also research the site above and see if there have been similar complaints.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">