• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exploding Plates in Microwave?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkalex05

What is the name of your state? Texas

I live in Texas. Today I was cooking an italian frozen dinner in the microwave which said to cook it on top of a plate.

Halfway through the cooking time which must have been 2 minutes. I heard a loud bang. Almost like a shotgun went off. My sisters in the room look and see the plate exploded in the micro!!!

I freaked I was like what the heck. The back of the plates don't say anything about being non microwave safe. Many of times I have used plates to reheat stuff with no problems.

Now almost my whole family has a cough and cold. My cats have even been sneezing recently. Could something have happened?

Is there anything law wise I could do about this? Im preety worried about something affecting our lungs and why it didn't say not microwave safe on the back. I won't post the name of the company that makes the plates for certain reasons.

You can reach me at [email protected] or post here. Thanks in advance.

Gotta be kidding

Hi,

There is NO correlation between a cough/cold/sneezing issue in your household and some exploding plate. Come on. Maybe you should ask the guys at Mythbusters about this exploding plate problem though. I know they did a show about microwaves but.....

Good luck. No case.

justalayman

I would suggest that since the plate did not state that it actually was microwave safe, you are the one who erred, not the manufacturer for not placeing somehting stating it was not micrwave safe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">