• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Faulty Concrete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gplush

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
I recently had a house build and shortly there after winter came. When the water runs off of my car it runs EVERYWHERE, but out the door. It actually pools up right around where I get out of the car. It also lays on the walls. I contacted the builder, and he agreed that it needed to be fixed, and advised me to contact the subcontractor. I scheduled a time, missed work, and the guy never showed up. I contacted the builder again, and he told me that the sub won't call him back either. Well, it's winter again, and I fell last week, and haven't healed up yet. I don't want to go to the doctor, but I think I'm going to have to. How do I force them to fix the issue? The sub not responding isn't my problem (as I see it)...

Thanks in advance,

GP

justalayman

If the sub was hired by the GC, you call the GC and tell him to fix the problem. You are correct, it isn't your problem if the sub is hiding. Your contact was with the GC

swalsh411

And go to the frigging doctor. You have a duty to mitigate damages which includes seeking medical attention for an injury. Do you want to be in pain the rest of your life?

justalayman

There will be no claim based on the injury.
This is an issue known to the op and he is required to proceed with due caution. This is apparently the second winter this has been known so op's injuries are due to his failure to use due caution give the known issue.

twoinone

that would depend on the contract, if you have a contract with the construction firm the subcontractor is none of your business since you did not make any agreements with the sub so this is all responsibility of the construction firm. i suppose you paid the construction form to build your house and they paid the subcontractor to do whatever they did, and you can force them by threatening to sue them for faulty construction works

OHRoadwarrior

The question that needs to be asked here is where is the water supposed to go? Did you even have a garage drain installed? Is this a 2 stall garage, you are backing in on the side that does not have a drain and thus the grade near the wall is minimal enough to be non existent?

gplush

Thanks for the advice... As far as whether it's right or wrong, thats not in dispute. The gc actually pointed out several other flaws in the concrete...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">