• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fell off latter and got hurt landing on my new craftsman toolbox

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

palukagoat

What is the name of your state?pennsylvania

i was working on my ceiling in my new garage on a ladder when i lost my balance and fell on my brand new craftsman toolbox. the thing that bothers me is all the corners on the toolbox are folded over so it wont cut you except for in the front. i suffered a major laceration on my forearm that took 19 staples to close it. it was a very deep and wide cut. sorry about my typing, im not used to typing one handed. i have pictures of the wounds and the tool box, and the skin is sill on the box. do you think i have a case or not?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

palukagoat said:

i was working on my ceiling in my new garage on a ladder when i lost my balance and fell on my brand new craftsman toolbox. the thing that bothers me is all the corners on the toolbox are folded over so it wont cut you except for in the front. i suffered a major laceration on my forearm that took 19 staples to close it. it was a very deep and wide cut. sorry about my typing, im not used to typing one handed. i have pictures of the wounds and the tool box, and the skin is sill on the box. do you think i have a case or not?

My response:

Not.

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

palukagoat said:

You might contact Sears or the outlet and ask to make a claim re defective product. I can't guarentee what they will do. After you do this, please update us with your results and further advice. Normally tool boxes are not meant to be attacked by a freefalling homeowner. You are lucky to have lived to tell, I know one a person who died in such a fall another who was impaled on a picket fence, so things could have been worse.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rmet4nzkx said:
You might contact Sears or the outlet and ask to make a claim re defective product. I can't guarentee what they will do. After you do this, please update us with your results and further advice. Normally tool boxes are not meant to be attacked by a freefalling homeowner. You are lucky to have lived to tell, I know one a person who died in such a fall another who was impaled on a picket fence, so things could have been worse.

My response:

Sears won't pay. Where's the negligence? Where's the unreasonableness of the design? Where's the foreseeability of this type of an accident?

Where's this person's homeowner's insurance med-pay?

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Sears won't pay. Where's the negligence? Where's the unreasonableness of the design? Where's the foreseeability of this type of an accident?

Where's this person's homeowner's insurance med-pay?

IAAL
;) Why do you think I said for OP to update us after their call?

I actually saw a toolbox once that had a manufacturer's warning label on it that read: "Caution, keep head clear when lifting lid". Would have loved to have seen that court case.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

palukagoat said:
how about atleast putting a warning label saying falling off step ladder a nd landing on box may cause injury :D

My response:

Ah, now you're seeing, and understanding, the complete and utter stupidity of your original post. Good boy.

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

Well you laughter will help it heal faster even though it may hurt like he!! now when you laugh ;) Some people will do anything to get an endorphin rush :D

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You should also file a claim against the ladder manufacturer - they should have a warning label that falling off a step ladder could cause injuries. :rolleyes:

rmet4nzkx

stealth2 said:
You should also file a claim against the ladder manufacturer - they should have a warning label that falling off a step ladder could cause injuries. :rolleyes:
I think they already have such a warning but since when did some people read directions, trying to be PC ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">