• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

food product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loves2bthrifty

What is the name of your state? california

Ok please be serious when taking this in condsideration to help

Will make this short and sweet and not to many details in order to make sure I get legit answers.

I bought a product from the store they are hot dogs and when they were cooked one of them turned out to look or is a human finger. I doubt it is but it not only sicken me and has caused me not to be able to look at hot dogs again. I took the liberty to take pictures and have kept the product in the freezer, I also have the reciept and the package. Is there anything that I can do about this or Am I only dreaming and wasting my time worrying about this. I have shown the pictures to my family and everyone cannot believe what they are seeing or that it is only a hot dog. I am not joking this is serious.

justalayman

if your talking a typical hot dog, that would be a very large finger.
Is there a bone in it?

Post a link to the pictures ans let everybody take a look.

Chances are it is your imagination and nothing more.

loves2bthrifty

No bone I believe

I didn't tear it up to see if there is a bone in it But I doubt there is. So even cosmeticly if it looks like a finger there is nothing that can be done? us code title 21,601 maybe the color additive made the product unfit for human food consumption??? representation as to defination and standard identity of what a hot dog is suppose to look like and not a human finger??? anything?????

G

Gevalia

Hold on a sec. Are you asking whether (if it is not actually a finger) you might successfully sue the manufacturer because by some freak of manufacturing your hot dog looks gross? Like those pumpkins that look like Nixon, or whatever? I just want to be clear on this.

Last edited:

loves2bthrifty

well thanks for replies

If you seen what I seen you wouldn't even be able to eat but even worse you wouldnt be able look at a hotdog again without getting sick or without your stomach getting upset. It looks that close to an actual finger but I can see that it is a hot dog at the other end. Just describing this is making me sick ill.

fairisfair

dude, I personally couldn't eat green ketchup either, and they are selling that crap on purpose!!

How about crackers that look like fish

and cookies that look like elves

the list goes on and on.

G

Gevalia

If I saw what you saw I probably would never be able to eat another hot dog again, either, but give me a break. While you're asking if you can successfully sue Oscar Meyer you're acting like this is one of the most traumatic experiences of your life. If you were to be told the answer is "yes", you'd think it was the best thing that ever happened to you.

If you really want to be traumatized by a hotdog, read the ingredients label.

loves2bthrifty

ok

Ok they make those products on purpose to look like fish and green ketchup and so on and so forth. But the hot dog cosmeticly is not intended to look exactly like a human finger with a finger nail area that looks like the fingernail fell off somewhere.

fairisfair

Ok they make those products on purpose to look like fish and green ketchup and so on and so forth. But the hot dog cosmeticly is not intended to look exactly like a human finger with a finger nail area that looks like the fingernail fell off somewhere.

You don't even want to know what hotdogs look like . . . . . Especially when they blow up, like yours apparently did, in the microwave. YUK:eek:

justalayman

If I saw what you saw I probably would never be able to eat another hot dog again, either, but give me a break. While you're asking if you can successfully sue Oscar Meyer you're acting like this is one of the most traumatic experiences of your life. If you were to be told the answer is "yes", you'd think it was the best thing that ever happened to you.

If you really want to be traumatized by a hotdog, read the ingredients label.
you want trauma? there are some documentaries floating around that show the making of a hotdog from hoof to wrapper. That can be very nasty.

you know the old line about hot dogs don't you?

they include everything from a a pig except the squeal.(that's the ones with pork of course)

Hell, you want nasty? Go buy some headcheese. There is no doubt what you are looking at. The brains and parts of the snout of a pig are VERY distinguishable. You may never eat anything pork again.

If it looks so much like a finger, fingerprint the thing and ask the local cop shop to run them through FBI files. Maybe you finally found out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa!!

loves2bthrifty

I was asking for help from a lawyer and advice to make a case againt the company. These are not pork hot dogs they are Turkey but that is besides the point. Can I make a case or not

racer72

The only cause of action you have is replacement of the defective product. You did not win the deep pockets lottery. If it was possible for everyone to claim they suffered mental anguish and physical distress over every food product that does not "look normal", and successfully sue for it, the courts would be packed and the store shelves would be empty. If you want to throw money away, go ahead. You will probably find an attorney that will gladly take your money even if would make him and you look like idiots in the court room.

Ozark_Sophist

Long, long ago in a place not to far from here, I used to work in a turkey processing plant. My position, in part, was to blend mechanically deboned turkey (or for low fat, the 99.9% fat free deboned turkey) for shipping and later processing into turkey dogs. Basically, the mdt is the carcass of the bird, both the back and chest cavity. Literally, just these parts.

Even the meat under the wishbone and from the back strips is removed prior to the mdt process. However, some products permitted the inclusion of kidneys (hard to remove kidneys from young/smaller birds).

The defatting process involved high temperatures and devices that looked and sounded like jet turbines (seperating the fat through heat and centripical force). The fat runs out of each machine through a 2" stainless steel pipe. The defat mdt turkey has the look and composition of applesauce.

Then I blended the product with salt and sodium nitrate. CO2 is injected during this process to cool the turkey to specs.

Anyway, I've seen hot dogs that were pinched in the production process that gave the appearence of a finger tip, sans nail. I don't think you could even get free product. You might get a coupon.

You would probably get more by auctioning the hot dog on E-Bay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">