• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Found glass in my sandwich (almost swallowed it)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knownasmichael

California

Hi, my name is michael. This morning i bought a tuna sandwich from my college dining hall and when I was biting into it I felt something hard in my mouth. I then discovered that it was a piece of glass (about the size of a quarter) . This was a pre-packaged sandwich...meaning the dining hall got it from a company up north in california called fresh deli or something. Now i didnt get cut or anything, but nonetheless i took no chances and visited my doctor only to find out that theres no way to know if I swallowed some of the glass. I gave the sandwich to the boss of the dining hall and he made some calls everywhere (the police, the head of dining services, the actual company of the sandwich maker, etc) but im not sure where to go from here. Should I just forget about it since i seem to be okay? Is there any way for me to find out if i swallowed some of the glass since i ate most of the sandwich before discovering the piece. Or should I take some kind of legal action? Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

stevek3

knownasmichael said:
California

Hi, my name is michael. This morning i bought a tuna sandwich from my college dining hall and when I was biting into it I felt something hard in my mouth. I then discovered that it was a piece of glass (about the size of a quarter) . This was a pre-packaged sandwich...meaning the dining hall got it from a company up north in california called fresh deli or something. Now i didnt get cut or anything, but nonetheless i took no chances and visited my doctor only to find out that theres no way to know if I swallowed some of the glass. I gave the sandwich to the boss of the dining hall and he made some calls everywhere (the police, the head of dining services, the actual company of the sandwich maker, etc) but im not sure where to go from here. Should I just forget about it since i seem to be okay? Is there any way for me to find out if i swallowed some of the glass since i ate most of the sandwich before discovering the piece. Or should I take some kind of legal action? Any advice would be helpful, thanks.
If you go to the bathroom and find there's a stained glass window sitting in your crap, then it's probably from something you ate. Otherwise, you need to be spending your valuable time rocking a loose bitch's world.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can't sue for what might happen. Unless you either now or at some point in future suffer some damages that can be directly tied to this incident, you have nothing to take legal action about.

ENASNI

um

Could someone please give some advice on this (sorry cbg) because I want to know what to do too. This morning I had clouds in my Coffee... Clouds in my coffee...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Enasni, my darling, you either need a meteorologist or to stop listening to oldies on the radio.

ENASNI

Uh Oh

Carly Simon counts as "oldies"? Its true then... I am an old fart, my daughter is right... shucks. I hate when she is right. :(

Aqua2005

California

Well Michael, i advise you to call on the company who made the sandwich nevermind with your lawyer(just waste of money)... call the customer service department for that... at least you inform them that there was something wrong with the quality of their product since you said its pre packed.. but next time please be careful of what your eating. carefully checked it before chewing it....this serve as a lesson to be always extra careful

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">