• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Glass in Cake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimszabo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
Purchased a birthday cake from Kroger. Found a small piece of glass in the cake. Wondering how I should proceed.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Purchased a birthday cake from Kroger. Found a small piece of glass in the cake. Wondering how I should proceed.
To start with, don't eat the glass. Me, I'd throw it away. I guess you could go to Kroger and tell them - they MIGHT give you a free cake, or maybe a coupon or something.

quincy

To start with, don't eat the glass. Me, I'd throw it away. I guess you could go to Kroger and tell them - they MIGHT give you a free cake, or maybe a coupon or something.
^^^

I think it is best if you take the cake and the piece of glass back to Kroger to show them what you found. Obviously glass does not belong in cakes. Kroger will want to make sure that none of their other cakes have glass pieces in them similar to what you found.

Because no one suffered an injury from eating the glass, however, you have no reason to sue. I agree with Zigner that Kroger might give you a coupon or a replacement cake but I don't think it is reasonable to expect much more than that.

justalayman

If there are no damages (other than the loss of the remainder of
The cake) there is no action to take other than a request for a refund.

Even if you don't want to bother asking for a refund you should notify Kroger of the issue so they can deal with it and hopefully pull all cakes that might also contain glass from the shelves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">