• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

had a tool break need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adam07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan.

last night I was working in the garage when I had a hex style drive snap in half causing the ratchet to sling into my face causeing a cut about a inch long and a quarter inch wide. the doctor glued it (durabond) to cause less scars. my question is should I pursue to file a complaint with the company so it doesn't happen to someone else if it was another half an inch I would not have a eye. please give me some advice thank you.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan.

last night I was working in the garage when I had a hex style drive snap in half causing the ratchet to sling into my face causeing a cut about a inch long and a quarter inch wide. the doctor glued it (durabond) to cause less scars. my question is should I pursue to file a complaint with the company so it doesn't happen to someone else if it was another half an inch I would not have a eye. please give me some advice thank you.
Were you wearing your safety glasses?

mommyof4

How old is the tool, how often is it used, and how much pressure were you applying at what angle?

Are you seeing where these questions are going?

keymaker

depends

Did it happen due to your fault or due to a low class tools that you were using? Were you wearing safety devices such as eyeglasses, etc. I mean when you file a case various aspects should be considered.
----------------------

racer72

Something my father taught me when I was a kid was to push, not pull, when using tools. And if you do have to pull, don't place your fingers or other body parts in a spot that could cause injury. Other than a few scraped knuckles, I have never hurt myself in all the years I have been working on cars and other things.

cyjeff

Something my father taught me when I was a kid was to push, not pull, when using tools. And if you do have to pull, don't place your fingers or other body parts in a spot that could cause injury. Other than a few scraped knuckles, I have never hurt myself in all the years I have been working on cars and other things.
Now see, my father told me to pull not push.

Course, he never liked me.

He also isn't the handiest of men. I was 18 before I knew that butter knives didn't have to have that twist in the end that showed they had been used as a screwdriver...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">