• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't know were to turn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S. N0RTHCOTT

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?WISCONSIN
I CRUSHED MY LEFT HAND IN A CONVEYOR IN 2001 AND HAVE BEEN FIGHTING WITH A COMPANY FOR PRODUCT LIABILITY FOR 7 YEARS, I WAS SENT FOR RETRAINING AND HAD TO PAY MY LAWYER $74 A WEEK JUST TO GET THE MONEY I NEEDED TO GO TO SCHOOL, WE LET ONE OF THE COMPANYS OUT FOR $2500.00 AND THE LAWYERS TOOK ALL OF THAT. THIS CASE WAS POSPONED SEVERAL TIMES FOR FRIVOLOUS REASONS, WE FINALLY WENT TO COURT A YEAR AGO AND THERE WAS A MISSTRIAL BECAUSE OF THE JUDGE STATEING ON THE RADIO THAT HE IS IN A MILLION DOLLAR TRIAL, AT THAT TIME WE WERE LOOKING AT $950,000 IN DAMAGES. SINCE THEN MY LAWYERS SAID WE SHOULD GO FOR NEGLEGENCE AS WELL SO WE DID ,WE JUST FINISHED IN COURT 2 WEEKS AGO AND I ENDED UP WITH NOTHING AFTER THEY SAID TO DO A HIGH- LOW OF 250K-35K.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT CAN GO FROM 1M$ TO NOTHING IN THE SPAN OF A YEAR IF SOMEBODY DIDN'T GET SOMETHING OUT OF THIS.

seniorjudge

Did you know the caps lock on your keyboard is stuck?

Anyway, what does your lawyer say in answer to your questions?

sagito327

There are a lot of things to say about this. First, please don't post in all caps as it is incredibly irritating. Second, a crushed hand is not a 1 mil dollar suit. Third, I don't know why you had to pay your lawyer to go to school. I feel like you are skipping a step here. Fourth, don't assume that postponements are for "frivolous" reasons. Finally, sometimes you think you have a case and you lose. That is why we have a jury of our peers. I guess I just don't know what you are asking here. Ask your question again and I will try to be more helpful, but as is the post is very trivial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">