• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured by Accutane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moslofu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

In Aug of 2007 I began taking a generic form of accutane called sotret to treat my acne. I discontinued the use of accutane in february because my acne had mostly cleared up. Also during the last month I noticed some muscle soreness, but had read this was a pretty standard side effect. Well the soreness didn't go away and a strange rash appeared on my hands after I had discontinued the drug so I went to see my dermatologist on March 10. He believed that my muscle soreness and rash were symptoms of Juvenile Dermatomyositis a rare autoimmune disorder.The doctor didn't seem to be sure the accutane had caused it but said it may have unmasked a genetic predisposition to juvenile dermatomyositis. Of course I didn't really buy that. To me it seems obvious the accutane caused it. Do I have a case or does the rare nature of my disease make it impossible to prove any sort of link to the accutane?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">