• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interlock Device

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jmpirring

I have an Interlock device. My car battery has died 5 times on the past two weeks. Will the Interlock drain my car battery?

FlyingRon

How old is your battery? Alas the sad fact is that most are crap these days and you're lucky if you get 4 years. The interlock does provide a slight load while the car is off, but it's negligable unless your battery etc is already compromised.

quincy

I have an Interlock device. My car battery has died 5 times on the past two weeks. Will the Interlock drain my car battery?
What is the name of your state, Jmpirring?

The fact that you have a bad battery and an interlock device do not make either dangerous or defective products. If your battery has died 5 times in two weeks, it sounds as if you need a new car battery.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state, Jmpirring?

The fact that you have a bad battery and an interlock device do not make either dangerous or defective products. If your battery has died 5 times in two weeks, it sounds as if you need a new car battery.
Perhaps the OP's question is more along the lines of wanting to make sure that he did not have a defective interlock device before he bought a new battery and risked having the same thing happen again.

Its probably something I would want to know. I do agree that he obviously needs a new battery, no matter what precipitated the problem, but is it possible for a interlock device to be defective in that manner?

quincy

Perhaps the OP's question is more along the lines of wanting to make sure that he did not have a defective interlock device before he bought a new battery and risked having the same thing happen again.

Its probably something I would want to know. I do agree that he obviously needs a new battery, no matter what precipitated the problem, but is it possible for a interlock device to be defective in that manner?
Perhaps.

Maybe Jmpirring will return to provide his state name and explain why his question was placed in the dangerous or defective products section of the forum so we do not have to guess.

Many auto parts stores will do a free load test on a battery (in car or out of car) while you wait. You will know if you need a new battery...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">