+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1

    Interlock Device

    I have an Interlock device. My car battery has died 5 times on the past two weeks. Will the Interlock drain my car battery?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,724
    How old is your battery? Alas the sad fact is that most are crap these days and you're lucky if you get 4 years. The interlock does provide a slight load while the car is off, but it's negligable unless your battery etc is already compromised.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    22,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmpirring View Post
    I have an Interlock device. My car battery has died 5 times on the past two weeks. Will the Interlock drain my car battery?
    What is the name of your state, Jmpirring?

    The fact that you have a bad battery and an interlock device do not make either dangerous or defective products. If your battery has died 5 times in two weeks, it sounds as if you need a new car battery.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    72,912
    Quote Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    What is the name of your state, Jmpirring?

    The fact that you have a bad battery and an interlock device do not make either dangerous or defective products. If your battery has died 5 times in two weeks, it sounds as if you need a new car battery.
    Perhaps the OP's question is more along the lines of wanting to make sure that he did not have a defective interlock device before he bought a new battery and risked having the same thing happen again.

    Its probably something I would want to know. I do agree that he obviously needs a new battery, no matter what precipitated the problem, but is it possible for a interlock device to be defective in that manner?


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    22,404
    Quote Originally Posted by LdiJ View Post
    Perhaps the OP's question is more along the lines of wanting to make sure that he did not have a defective interlock device before he bought a new battery and risked having the same thing happen again.

    Its probably something I would want to know. I do agree that he obviously needs a new battery, no matter what precipitated the problem, but is it possible for a interlock device to be defective in that manner?
    Perhaps.

    Maybe Jmpirring will return to provide his state name and explain why his question was placed in the dangerous or defective products section of the forum so we do not have to guess.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    52
    Many auto parts stores will do a free load test on a battery (in car or out of car) while you wait. You will know if you need a new battery...


+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Have Interlock Device in NC, moving to GA. What do I have to do?
    By itstommygun in forum Drunk Driving / DUI / DWI
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 09:15 PM
  2. az interlock device
    By tensernr in forum Drunk Driving / DUI / DWI
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 04:59 PM
  3. Interlock Device in NJ
    By Knickie in forum Drunk Driving / DUI / DWI
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
  4. interlock device
    By lolnmp in forum Drunk Driving / DUI / DWI
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 11:51 AM
  5. interlock device
    By lolnmp in forum Drunk Driving / DUI / DWI
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 04:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.