• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord new about our gas leak and did nothing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rauhk

We have been living in this place for a year. During winter at this time last year we kept smelling gas when the pig got low on gas. When we ran out of gas, the gas company lit our water heater and flames burnt all the hairs on his arm. We had to sign a waiver and also informed our landlords of the problem. They did nothing. Just recently I got home from work and the whole house smelled of gas. I called the landlord and told her. She said if the carbonmonoxide detector wasn't going off then everything was fine, and we could call the gas company, but will have to pay the bill for their visit. Meanwhile, all of the $400 of our money is going into the air. (Keep in mind exactly a month before this we had just put in $400.) The following day we came home from work and we could smell gas all the way out by the mail box, and the smell was overwhelming in the house. So, I skipped the landlord and called the gas company to come out immediatley. Of course, he shut off the gas to the problem water heater and also to our central heat because they were both leaking.
So, finally my question is, Shouldn't the landlord have to reimburse us for the last two refills that went into the gas tank? Even though no letters have been written of the problem, but we have proof from the gas company. And what about the danger they put my family in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">