• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lysol power toilet bowl cleaner burned the car carpet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hipgirl

What is the name of your state? IL

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct subforum.

I bought one 4-pack Lysol power toilet bowl cleaner from Sams club. Sams club does not provide plastic bag when checking out so I put the 4-pack bottle in the trunk with other stuff I bought.

When I was home, I got all of the stuff out and noticed that one of the lysol bottle was leaking. I read the instruction on the bottle, it is supposed to be children proof bottle cap.

I didn't think of the car. and the next day, I saw the carpet in the trunk was burned --around 2 square foot.

My question: is it my fault that I didn't bring bag myself. Or is it Lysol's manufacturer's fault or is it Sams club's fault?

Thanks.

Michelle

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How did you SECURE the bottle in your trunk?

Unless you assured that it remained upright, seems to me that it's YOUR fault.

Grayson

It would be your fault, products like that are not good for fabrics of any kind, even with a childproof top, they still have the potential to leak.

To avoid any further damages the next time you go to sams, ask some of the employees if they have any spare boxes, which they usually do, so when you're putting your purchases in the trunk, store them in a box to provide protection from this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">