• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

meat like item in rice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladymfar

What is the name of your state? maine
I purchased a bowl of microwave rice. I found a meat like item in my rice. I sent the sample to the company. The company received the sample. They were supposed to send me a copy of the report telling me what the item was. I waited and waited, calling frequently to find out what it was. I was finally told that the report was received by QA but not by the person I was speaking with and unless she received it I would not get a copy. I called the FDA and they called the same woman. THey were told the same thing. Later that evening, I received a phone call from the president of the company. It was a conference call with all of the department heads of the company. I was told they were making some major policy changes based on what was happening with my "situation". Still unsure of what was going on, I listened as they asked many questions about the sample. What it looked like, felt like, etc... They stated that they were concerened because they had no meat products in their factory. Then they told me that they had lost the sample. They apologized over and over again. I asked repeatedly when I would find out what was in my rice. I was told I may never find out, because they may never find the sample. They stated that the sample came into the factory, went to QA, went to the desk of the woman I had been dealing with and they had the reports of that, but after that they had lost it. They stated that nothing like this had ever happened before and apologized again. I am not happy that I still do not know what was in my rice. They are supposed to protect our food. I have been nothing but cooperative, for them to lose the sample is unacceptable. I want to know what was in my food and feel I have a right to know. I am very upset about this. They sent me coupons for their product....I am not eating thier products! Then they stated they would be sending me a VIP package I would be very pleased with...I want to know what was in my food! It's just not right, I want to know if I have any legal rights here! Should I get a lawyer and what kind of a lawyer should I get. Thank You for your help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You absolutely DO have rights!
You have the right to not eat their product.
You have the right to make phone calls about this all you want.
You can right letters to them all you want.
You even have the right to SUE them...yes, SUE them.

Of course, you will have no success in a law suit, because you have no damages what-so-ever.

~aria~

You found a food product in your food and want to sue? Did you even bother to take pictures? You've got no damages, and probably no way whatsoever to prove that it came from the rice bowl anyway. Some vegetables can appear similar to meat, similar enough to pass for it. No one was hurt, and yet you're demanding they run lab tests at their expense to answer a question when nothing was damaged. you should have paid for it yourself at an independent lab and then proceeded.

Give it a rest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">