• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firedaddy03

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida, my g/f minor son was on vacation with his father and grandparents at a major park when he fell and was injerd by a construction defect protruding from the surface. The grandparents hired a local attorney & filed suit.They and have been offered a settlement,and may have already recieved money. My g/f has joint with her having phisical custody.The father is paid under the table to avoid C/S ,past due c/s,past taxes,collections,etc.Who gets the settlement? does the mother have any legal rights to this settlement.
Thanks in advance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No. Why would she be entitled to the grandparents' settlement?

EDIT: Oh, I see - the CHILD was injured.
Ok - the answer is still NO. It is the CHILD'S money

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida, my g/f minor son was on vacation with his father and grandparents at a major park when he fell and was injerd by a construction defect protruding from the surface. The grandparents hired a local attorney & filed suit.They and have been offered a settlement,and may have already recieved money. My g/f has joint with her having phisical custody.The father is paid under the table to avoid C/S ,past due c/s,past taxes,collections,etc.Who gets the settlement? does the mother have any legal rights to this settlement.
Thanks in advance.
In this minor suit at a major park, why did the grandparents sue?

Were they the ones injured?

firedaddy03

Yes, the grandparents bankrolled the suit. And they have sued others in the past. They hide any income to injured childs father for tax, c/s ,collections,etc. The father does not have a checking account, file taxes, or own anything on paper. It will be additional insult to injury if they sue using this child enabling them to hide even more from the c/ mother who actualy raises this child.
So could I hire an attorney and sue on the child's behalf too ?
Sorry for lapse in time, and grammer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The child's suit has already been settled. Again, it is the CHILD'S money!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">