• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mold on supermarket pie

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goshohgosh

hello i'm in california,

I purchased a pie from a popular supermarket in my area, when I got home and opened up the pie, there was mold growing on it, a big patch of fuzzy mold and little green spots all about.

After examining the pie box, I discovered it said 'sell by'.. but had no date on it.

Luckily, I didn't eat the pie, but had I not been thinking twice, I would of cut up that pie and fed it to my family without taking note.

I'm wondering how I should proceed with this... should I... take the pie back and ask for a refund or is this worthy of further legal action?

any advice would be appreciated.

wyett717

Return it to the store with your receipt and kindly ask for your money back. You did not eat the pie and did not sustain any damages.

sagito327

Without eating the pie there is no damage except for the price of the pie. The only recourse would be for the cost. I would just write the company and the store and see if they could somehow rectify the situation.

Simply put: no, this is not worthy of any further legal action

ecmst12

If you'd eaten the pie which was obviously moldy, you would have been responsible for any damage you sustained - which would most likely be none since food mold is usually pretty harmless anyway. Take the pie back and get a refund.

HomeGuru

hello i'm in california,

I purchased a pie from a popular supermarket in my area, when I got home and opened up the pie, there was mold growing on it, a big patch of fuzzy mold and little green spots all about.

After examining the pie box, I discovered it said 'sell by'.. but had no date on it.

Luckily, I didn't eat the pie, but had I not been thinking twice, I would of cut up that pie and fed it to my family without taking note.

I'm wondering how I should proceed with this... should I... take the pie back and ask for a refund or is this worthy of further legal action?

any advice would be appreciated.

**A: this is part of the going green promotion. You have no basis for legal action as no damages were sustained.
A refund is in order.

hello i'm in california,

I'm wondering how I should proceed with this**************...... or is this worthy of further legal action?
This is just one of the few things wrong with society today. Why in ^%# #@%^%^ @#$%#% $%^%&#&#& would you EVER consider "further legal action?"?????

It's people like you that need a Check-up from the neck up. Do you honestly believe that you can "cash-in" (cha ching!), because you purchased old food?

DO like the people did 30+ years ago when something like this happens. Kindly go back to the retailer and show him/her what has happened, and ASK FOR YOUR FRIGGIN' MONEY BACK!!

HomeGuru

This is just one of the few things wrong with society today. Why in ^%# #@%^%^ @#$%#% $%^%&#&#& would you EVER consider "further legal action?"?????

It's people like you that need a Check-up from the neck up. Do you honestly believe that you can "cash-in" (cha ching!), because you purchased old food?

DO like the people did 30+ years ago when something like this happens. Kindly go back to the retailer and show him/her what has happened, and ASK FOR YOUR FRIGGIN' MONEY BACK!!
**A: I reviewed the post again and change my position. The OP should sue for $1.2 million.

xylene

Once I bought an apple pie from the supermarket and was eating it...

Then I noticed that on the underside of the top crust was RIDDLED with mold.

I had already eaten two pieces. :eek:

And now I have a social disease.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
This is just one of the few things wrong with society today. Why in ^%# #@%^%^ @#$%#% $%^%&#&#& would you EVER consider "further legal action?"????? It's people like you that need a Check-up from the neck up. Do you honestly believe that you can "cash-in" (cha ching!), because you purchased old food? DO like the people did 30+ years ago when something like this happens. Kindly go back to the retailer and show him/her what has happened, and ASK FOR YOUR FRIGGIN' MONEY BACK!!
I knew this eventually had to happen. Nothing offered as to the possibility of just giving the people the answers they came here in hopes of finding, but you would rather attempt more ridicule. Doesn't build character. ;)

Send me a private msg on the post where I made that statement. I am certain that the context of the post where I made that statement had nothing to do with someone just wanting to try to get rich off of an extremely stupid idea.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
No, the post in question was not about somebody wanting to hit the lawsuit lottery. That doesn't negate your hypocrisy. It was bound to happen, it happened, I'm done. No concession on your part is necessary.

No hypocrisy in play here. I believe that in the post where I made that statement, someone asked a legitimate question, and was pummeled upon.

The poster here is just an idiot.

Huge difference. You are of course free to read into whatever you like. That's what makes us all different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">