• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My iPhone exploded next to my face

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jacob-m

Hello,
I've bought new iPhone 6 in September 2016 in Poland and in February it just exploded during my sleep (I had it next to my head- it wasn't covered by pillow or anything). After that I've went to the Ispot and they told me to make a call to the apple, so I did it- They told me to send them my damaged iPhone to the Ireland so they can check what was wrong with it and after 3 months they send me back my iPhone with no signs of any research(?!), moreover during these 3 months there was no reply from them- even short mail. On the matter itself, I would like to sue them, because there is no my fault in this situation (perhaps only this I've bought iPhone) but I don't know what should I do? In my opinion it's exposure of a person to a direct threat of life or health loss, am I right? They didn't even gave me new phone, not to mention new mattress cause the old one is a little burned because of that situation. What should I do now?

P.S.
Sorry if there are any mistakes in spelling, but I hope my situation is still pretty clear.

Thanks in advance

P.S. 2
There is a photo of my iPhone: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah21cYIDFh2QaKAff7xA40ofBGg

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hello,
I've bought new iPhone 6 in September 2016 in Poland and in February it just exploded during my sleep (I had it next to my head- it wasn't covered by pillow or anything). After that I've went to the Ispot and they told me to make a call to the apple, so I did it- They told me to send them my damaged iPhone to the Ireland so they can check what was wrong with it and after 3 months they send me back my iPhone with no signs of any research(?!), moreover during these 3 months there was no reply from them- even short mail. On the matter itself, I would like to sue them, because there is no my fault in this situation (perhaps only this I've bought iPhone) but I don't know what should I do? In my opinion it's exposure of a person to a direct threat of life or health loss, am I right? They didn't even gave me new phone, not to mention new mattress cause the old one is a little burned because of that situation. What should I do now?

P.S.
Sorry if there are any mistakes in spelling, but I hope my situation is still pretty clear.

Thanks in advance

P.S. 2
This is US law site. Unless we have annexed Poland, we can't help you.

Hello,

P.S.

Thanks in advance

P.S. 2

Sorry, US law only.

Dandy Don

You have not mentioned what injuries, if any, you suffered from this event. If you are currently treating (receiving treatment from a physician) for these injuries, you should consult with an attorney who specializes in personal injury lawsuits.
If you are not currently treating, then send a letter yourself, with a picture of the phone to Apple headquarters and see how they respond.

You should not have automatically sent them the phone without talking to an attorney first.

quincy

Hello,
I've bought new iPhone 6 in September 2016 in Poland and in February it just exploded during my sleep (I had it next to my head- it wasn't covered by pillow or anything) ...
If you purchased a new iPhone6, you probably purchased a counterfeit iPhone. How much did you pay for it?

Although some companies making the fake iPhones in China have been raided and their factories closed down - with the fakes seized and destroyed and the manufacturers arrested - many more counterfeit phones remain on the market. New manufacturers spring up. Distribution and sales continue.

If you DID purchase a fake, you are pretty much stuck with it. You would have no legal action to take against Apple.

Although there have been a handful of cases involving exploding iPhone5s, due to the batteries overheating (from plugging it in too long, storing it in a pocket or under a pillow) and owners were given replacement batteries, the iPhone6 does not appear to have the same battery issues.

There are ways to distinguish between fake phones and real phones. You can contact Apple for the list.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">