• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NAIR hair removal cream

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anthon88

I suffered burns from useing NAIR. At first I thought they were temporary but after several months the scars are still there. I followed the directions and did exceed the recomended duration. Am I entitled to any compensation from NAIR?

lealea1005

I suffered burns from useing NAIR. At first I thought they were temporary but after several months the scars are still there. I followed the directions and did exceed the recomended duration. Am I entitled to any compensation from NAIR?
Did you also follow their skin test directions before applying the product to the entire area?

You admit you exceeded the recommended duration to leave the product on your skin .

anthon88

Oh wow, I made a huge typo in this forum. It is supposed to read, "I did not exceed the recomended duration."

Thanks for point that out.

CJane

Oh wow, I made a huge typo in this forum. It is supposed to read, "I did not exceed the recomended duration."

Thanks for point that out.
And did you do the test patch? Did you use it on your legs only? You don't state where the 'scars' are.

Did you seek treatment for the burns when they happened?

Have you used Nair since?

Have you ever used any other dipilatory cream?

anthon88

And did you do the test patch? Did you use it on your legs only? You don't state where the 'scars' are.

Did you seek treatment for the burns when they happened?

Have you used Nair since?

Have you ever used any other dipilatory cream?

Yes I did the test patch. I have used NAIR before and know just like any other hair removing cream you can not leave it on for too long or it will burn you. That particular day I just used it on my legs and when I wiped it off I noticed some irritation/marks. But that is to be expected when you use a cream such as this, normally they go away after a few days. But these marks have been on my legs for months now, I was hoping they would fade but it doesn't seem that way.

anthon88

Have you seen a dermatologist, or at least a doctor?
No, I haven't yet. Maybe they would recomend some type of scar removal cream. I just think that this should not have happened. I understand that the cream is very strong and I am fine with the occasional irritation, but to leave permenant marks (when proerply following the directions) is just unacceptable.

CJane

No, I haven't yet. Maybe they would recomend some type of scar removal cream. I just think that this should not have happened. I understand that the cream is very strong and I am fine with the occasional irritation, but to leave permenant marks (when proerply following the directions) is just unacceptable.
But you've waited 'months' before seeking medical treatment. At this point, there is NO WAY you could prove that it was the Nair that caused irritation, or the 'scarring' or anything else, and it's clear you were not physically damaged (aesthetically, perhaps, but not physically).

And frankly, when you're using a chemical that is DESIGNED to essentially burn the hair off your legs, why would you be surprised that it might cause chemical burns to your skin? It happens. That's like being mad that the hair dye fried your hair. It's a known risk.

anthon88

But you've waited 'months' before seeking medical treatment. At this point, there is NO WAY you could prove that it was the Nair that caused irritation, or the 'scarring' or anything else, and it's clear you were not physically damaged (aesthetically, perhaps, but not physically).

And frankly, when you're using a chemical that is DESIGNED to essentially burn the hair off your legs, why would you be surprised that it might cause chemical burns to your skin? It happens. That's like being mad that the hair dye fried your hair. It's a known risk.
Yes, I waited because I thought it was just minor side effects that might occur when using the cream. No need to blatently state the obvious in your post. However, this is not a normal side effect, bulging red lines that will not go away. A scar on the skin is a phsical injury.

No need to post if you are just going to attack the original poster.

Silverplum

Yes, I waited because I thought it was just minor side effects that might occur when using the cream. No need to blatently state the obvious in your post. However, this is not a normal side effect, bulging red lines that will not go away. A scar on the skin is a phsical injury.

No need to post if you are just going to attack the original poster.
It's not an *attack.* It's plain speaking. You ask, we tell.

anthon88

It's not an *attack.* It's plain speaking. You ask, we tell.
Actually, that post I was refering too was not helpful at all. That person just wanted to sound smart.

However, I do want to thank the people that have been posting helpful material. Thanks :)

mommyof4

Actually, that post I was refering too was not helpful at all. That person just wanted to sound smart.

However, I do want to thank the people that have been posting helpful material. Thanks :)
It may not have seemed to be helpful. That's because CJane didn't tell you what you wanted to hear.

It was, however, completely 100% accurate.

Here. Yes, sue for millions.

Feel better?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It may not have seemed to be helpful. That's because CJane didn't tell you what you wanted to hear.

It was, however, completely 100% accurate.

Here. Yes, sue for millions.

Feel better?
I've got burn scars...can I sue NAIR too? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">