• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nair hair remover with Aloe Vera

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dettac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Arizona

On Thursday, April 7, I used Nair depilatory cream to remove the hair on my legs. I have used Nair for many years with no problem. I switched from regular Nair to the aloe vera Nair because it said that it was gentler on the skin, etc. before I applied it, I did the skin test, left it on for approximately 3 1/2 minutes, just to make sure there was no irritation. Once I was assured that the irritation would not happen I started applying the product as stated, and before I got both legs covered, it started burning! I immediately went to the shower and began removing the product. Within moments, my legs were on fire and I was burning! It is now Saturday, and I still have marks, bright red spots, scabbing on my legs, and many of them are still oozing and sticking to my clothes, etc. because of this product. I got pictures because it seemed very odd that I would burn like that with this product that I've used for so many years. I will see my doctor on Monday, to see if he can recommend something to stop the burning, other than just running water on it constantly to soothe the burn and try to keep moisture in my skin. Is there any litigation I can pursue against Nair due to the fact that I was burnt this badly? I also kept the container so there is evidence of which product I used.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Arizona

On Thursday, April 7, I used Nair depilatory cream to remove the hair on my legs. I have used Nair for many years with no problem. I switched from regular Nair to the aloe vera Nair because it said that it was gentler on the skin, etc. before I applied it, I did the skin test, left it on for approximately 3 1/2 minutes, just to make sure there was no irritation. Once I was assured that the irritation would not happen I started applying the product as stated, and before I got both legs covered, it started burning! I immediately went to the shower and began removing the product. Within moments, my legs were on fire and I was burning! It is now Saturday, and I still have marks, bright red spots, scabbing on my legs, and many of them are still oozing and sticking to my clothes, etc. because of this product. I got pictures because it seemed very odd that I would burn like that with this product that I've used for so many years. I will see my doctor on Monday, to see if he can recommend something to stop the burning, other than just running water on it constantly to soothe the burn and try to keep moisture in my skin. Is there any litigation I can pursue against Nair due to the fact that I was burnt this badly? I also kept the container so there is evidence of which product I used.
See your doctor first. While severe burns aren't common, minor burns are a known risk.

justalayman

B

Of course one has to question whether you actually did a test first though. You claim you did, leaving it on for 3 1/2 minutes yet when you went use it in earnest, in much less than 3 1/2 minutes your legs were being burned severely. There is something not quite right here. It doesn't make a lot of sense that a product you used, sans aloe Vera, would not cause a problem then, the 3 1/2 minute test with product from the actual container you used this time not causing ANY issues yet when you went full application, in a matter of seconds you have what you describe as a very serious injury.

It is illogical to believe you had burning this severe given the prior use and test from the actual dispenser used without issue. Not saying it is impossible but that it is illogical. You will have great difficulty proving the manufacturer is liable for your injuries given your use and test history. If you wish to seek compensation you will have to show how after your regular use and then the test from the specific container did not cause any issue but then suddenly it was apparently so caustic it caused extremely severe injury.

So, steps to take:

make sure the container is sealed tightly

Take pictures of your injuries, lots of them

See a doctor asap

If you intend to seek anything more than some minimal compensation (refund), contact a few product liability or personal injury attorneys

Given the severity of injury you describe I would suggest considering a visit to the ER, or at least an urgent care facility. Burns from heat, acid, or caustic solutions are very serious matters. They carry a high risk of infection and given you describe "oozing" it would mean your injury is quite severe and as such a high risk for infection. You should seek treatment now rather than waiting for your primary care physician.

Running water on it, that is far from sterile, is not a good idea. While it may sound gross, there can be some very nasty bacteria in the water in your home. You would be suprised at what might be in your own water.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">