• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needle In Coat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

levidenum

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Earlier this year I bought my daughter a coat at Walmart, she always complained that she didn't like wearing because she said it was "itchy" and uncomfortable, she is a picky 5 year old so didn't think much about it. I went to wash it today and when I pulled the sleeve inside out I shoved a needle into my vein on the back of my hand, far enough to make a bump on the back of my hand that is painful. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I don't know where this needle has been or who has touched it. It is still attatched to the thread and the coat, apparently whoever sewed on the sequence forgot to remove the needle and tie it off. It is a Walmart brand, Faded Glory, do I have a suit against them? How dangerous could this be, the coat was made in China and who knows if the person has an infectious disease, while I am pretty sure AIDS or whatever can not live without a host for long, why should my daughter or I even had to worry about it. Sorry if I sound frustrated, I am a little upset. The bad part is I don't have my receipt anymore because I threw it away a couple months ago. I am pretty sure I know why my daughter didn't like to wear it now, who knows how many times the needle has poked her.

Thanks for your helpWhat is the name of your state?

racer72

Sorry, you did not win the deep pockets lottery. The only compensation you may be entitled to would be any medical expenses you incurred due to the needle. You should also contact Walmart and let them know, I heard they send out $50 gift cards for all complaints.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
702 S.W. 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72716

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">