• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nerve damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tck9931tt

What is the name of your state? md
had hystorectomy 9/20/01 and have had many problems since.
with the surgery and the instuments that i was told were used i have every reason to beleive that damage was done. recently went to john hopkins medical center and was in fact told i have nerve damage. but when ever i ask any doctor if the was due to surgery they avoid my question, like they are hiding something. this nerve damage has done severe damage to my nornal life style
do i have a legal case ?
[email protected]

J

JackSchroder

tck9931tt said:
What is the name of your state? md
had hystorectomy 9/20/01 and have had many problems since.
with the surgery and the instuments that i was told were used i have every reason to beleive that damage was done. recently went to john hopkins medical center and was in fact told i have nerve damage. but when ever i ask any doctor if the was due to surgery they avoid my question, like they are hiding something. this nerve damage has done severe damage to my nornal life style
do i have a legal case ?
[email protected]
You are going to have a lot of trouble finding a lawyer because all this surgery was so long ago. But see a lawyer and find out what he says.
You have not told us a lot of things that are important for a lawyer. Did you see any doctors between the surgery and your visit to Johns Hopkins? Have the doctors told you what nerve was injured? What is your "normal" life style? You have to have lost money, that is, wages or other earnings because of your troubles. Have you been able to work?
Nerve damage after a hysterectomy does point to some kind of medical error. Whether it is malpractice or not your lawyer will have to find out. That may take time and money. So, help the lawyer understand that your "damages" (money, loss of ability to do things you used to do etc.) are enough for him to see some money in your case. Start but writing down everything that happened to you, in order by date, and get earnings records from your boss that show a loss of income (if that's there). Then go see a malpractice lawyer.

T

tck9931tt

in answer to your questions ,
yes i have seen my family doctor and she refered me to a surgan, i've seen two doctors from john hopkins and both reported nerve damage in two areas . 1st. in on left side of stomach where the colon is and 2nd. is internal which is resulting in my marital relations ( nothing happening to painful) if you know what i mean. have lost little time from work because i have no choise i,m self employed and i have a family to feed. i have all of my medical records

ellencee

tck9931tt
Certainly you should take advantage of a free consultation with a medmal attorney in your area so that you can gain an understanding of your state's statutes of limitations and the required elements of a medmal lawsuit.

Maryland has a maximum 5 year statute of limitations with a 3 year statute of limitations from time of discovery, whichever is less.

Without expert evaluation of your records, history, and other influencing factors it is impossible to determine if negligence occurred. Just because you have nerve damage that has negatively impacted your life there, it does not definitely indicate negligence on the part of the surgeon. Nerve damage is a known risk to surgical procedures.

Make the appointment with a local attorney at your earliest convenience.

Best wishes,
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">